sobota, 27 kwietnia 2013

Puzzleball cookie

 I don't have the dimond ring cookie cutter, so I decided to imitate it with a circle ans a triangle. But I forgot to check how it should look. I remembered the diamond was disproportionally large, but didn't really think to check it before I made cookies. And last month I had so much to do, that I didn't have time to make new cookies. Or even check what other people invented for this challenge. Well, if I did visit the site to see ofher people's ideas, I definately would have seen the real proportions of the cookie cutter.
 I had a few ideas, but too little time to really make them into cookies, so in fact I made just the two of them, which required the same color palette.

 The first one is, partly to commemorate Autism Awareness Month, a Puzzleball. They are relatively new here, and I used to have one with the globe. My son was suspected to have autism. His story is long and heartbreaking, I'll try to make it as short as possible.
 Until he was 8 months old, he was a normal baby. Then he had some unknown infection, was hospitalized, but doctors discharged him to home while he was still ill. Two weeks later he went back to the hospital, this time with life-threatening encephalitis. He survived it and slowly regained eyesight, feeling in his body and control over the limbs. Finally, wbout 6 months later, his hearing returned. In the meantime he was diagnosed with Krabbe disease and is his genetician's first Krabbe patient to survive more than 3 months from diagnosis.
 He could hear, but he didn't understand the sounds, that he heard. He had no means of comunication other than crying and no children around to relate to, so psycologists said he is likely autistic. However, after half a year of therapy with another child, he begun imitating the other boy and then started communicating using gestures. Now he uses a mixture of PECS and Makaton and seems normal for all people, who don't see him regularly enough to notice him being suspiciously reticent.

Anyway, my puzzleball cookie:

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz