sobota, 27 kwietnia 2013

Birthdays and cookies go hand in hand

 Apparently I had a very busy month. I forgot to post the other animal cookies I made trying to learn wet-on-wet. So here are two more examples: butterflies and some patterns (because, obviously, the birds use a different approach):



 But the real reason that April was very busy was my son's fourth birthday. I made him some Owl cookies for Kindergarten and learned, that somehow my icing is too thick for a no. 1 tip. And here I was so happy, that I found a shop that carried more baking supplies (in the meantime I decided to leave my former favourite shop, because two times in a row they sent me an incomplete order and didn't bother telling me, that they ran out of something I wanted. If you own a shop remember: you loose clients when you think for them. If there is something wrong with the order, you call and ask them BEFORE you send anything. Not wait until they get the package and are angry with you).
 J's sign in kindergarten is Owl, so I had to make Owl cookies. In the beginning I wanted to make Dumbo cookies, because he could watch Dumbo trhree times in a row (he has auditory verbal agnosia, so he likes only films with little dialogue, like Dumbo or Wall-E) and throw a tantrum if I stopped the film for any reason whatsoever. However, a week before his birthday he got bored with Dumbo.
 I made these similarly to the geographical hearts, but this time I cut the template to trace the shape on the cookies, making them more consistent.


Then we had not one, but two parties (ok, not real parties, more like family&friends gatherings), so I had to make two cakes and last minute decided to throw in a big bowl full of cookies, so the children would have something more to eat while throwing all the toys around the house. There were some spiders covered by leaves, flowers and canaries (J got a canary for his birthday), but the minute the boys discovered the spiders, everybody wanted these cookies. 




 All in all, I did prepare some diamond-ring-shaped cookies, but had time to decorate them only two days ago. And even then I did it with my baby-girl running around and crying for a cookie. Just four months ago she didn't like the taste and now she would eat them whole day long... So off I go to write a few words about my ideas for the dimond ring cookie cutter.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz